Watts intelliflow a2c-m1 removal

Users who are viewing this thread

Enosez

Reaction score
Is it possible to remove just the auto valve assembly and replace it with manual valves without removing the piping or box?

From what I see and read in the instructions, there are fittings that use an oring to attach the piping to the Watts intelliflow a2c-m1.
Once i loosen those nuts I dont know what type of fitting Im dealing with and if a manual valve can be installed in its place.

Does anyone have any experience removing these?

The laundry closet its located in isnt very big and trying to remove the stacked washer dryer (front loaders) will be nearly impossible.
There is very little room to work from the side so IF its possible to remove the assembly and replace with valve would be the best option.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There may be a manual valve which would replace it, it looks like some I have would do it, but it cannot be done with "limited access". what is the problem with it?

Enosez

Reaction score
The user....wink wink.

There was an issue with the washer. It stopped mid cycle and wouldnt rinse.
Since the machine was under warranty, they came out and said it was the box not the washer.

I recalibrated the box and it seems to be working now.

Howeowner now wants the box removed saying its a hassle.

The washer dryer was shoe horned into the closet. Because there is a pan that has the drain working the washer dryer has to go over the lip of the pan and since the door height is 80". It would be very difficult to get it out not to mention putting it back in.

There is anout 10" of clearnace on the right of the washer to the wall where the box is mounted. Enough to get a wrench in and hopefully change the valve. At the very least its worth a shot before muscleing the washer/dryer.

scrappy

Reaction score
HJ, What can be used to replace the watts unit with least fuss and expense. i have accessibility.

scrappy

Reaction score
HJ, What can be used to replace the watts unit with least fuss and expense. i have accessibility.
thanks,
scott

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks