• Answers to why the washer moved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Similar problems by anyone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Glenn Chadwick

Reaction score
I installed 3 new toilets in my house two years ago. With this install I used watts FloodSafe stainless steel braided connectors. Just this last month two of these connectors started two leak at the tank connection. The rubber washer at that end somehow moved upward into the stem of the filler valve assembly breaking the seal. Water started to leak out and the auto-shutoff did not kick in. The result was $7500 damage to my house. These connectors were both installed at the same time 2 years ago. I don't think it's a coincidence that two out of three of these in my home failed within the last 30 days. I immediately replaced all of them with newer connectors. I'm going after the manufacturer for compensation.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Lots of luck with your "going after the manufacturer", unless you have a lot more money than they do. They "guarantee" it will prevent a leak from a "major failure", NOT a "drip". Floodsafes have caused a lot of floods because they break off, but your problem, which I think is misdiagnosed by the way, is NOT one of those.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If we see a Watts Floodsafe, we remove them.
I would not install them either.

floodsafe-settlement.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks