Watts Expansion Tank

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by USAFRet, Apr 17, 2009.

1. USAFRet

USAFRet New Member

Anyone know where I might be able to find a Watts ILT-5 expansion tank? The internal bladder on mine is leaking and the company no longer makes this model.
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Is there a specific reason why a different model will not work in your application...

I can't think of why there would be...
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tank

They are generic, so ANY brand tank will work for your application. And as a practical matter, the size is somewhat irrelevent also.
  4. mattbee24

mattbee24 In the Trades

The Watts ILT-5 isn't a standard expansion tank. It's an "inline" tank. It doesnt thread into a tee. That being said, you can just re-plumb your line so you can use a "normal" expansion tank. There isn't a whole lot to it. I think we have a few of the Watts tanks left on the shelf, but down the road you are going to have to change it to a standard tank anyways since they don't make that style anymore.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Ah there is the specifics...

I agree.
  6. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

7. USAFRet

USAFRet New Member

Thanks to everyone for the replies. The Watts In-Line is a nice streamlined tank. It was, I believe, introduced in 2003, so I was surprised to learn they'd discontinued it. I know I'll have to replace it eventually with a standard type, but thought if I could find one somewhere I'd just swap it out now and put the replumb job on the list of things to do in the future. Guess the future is now! Again, thanks for the replies.
  8. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Probably never sold since it didn't have male threads on it like every other expansion tank out there.