Waterworks, Sigma, Can't identify faulty shower mixing valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

johnsas

Reaction score
ageneral jan 2012 003.jpg

My shower valve is faulty (can not increase water temp) but the only marking on it are;

TX1 REN 04708??

Any help appreciated!!

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I think that says 04/08, which could be a manufacturing date. The only thing your picture tells us is that it has a square shank using a rotary motion, and "maybe" has a thread to hold that brass plate on. We need a picture of what is under the brass plate, and maybe also the piece inside the valve.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
are you selling that software? you could make a bundle!

LOL I was just "messin with the MoD"

I googled it. I just typed in tx1 shower faucet and scanned through the results until I found one that applied to what we are doing here.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a program like that tho? It would be great. I have alot of old faucet books,etc etc

Supply houses usually will give their old books to you.....just ask befo they throw them away.

johnsas

Reaction score
Hey thanks all!!!

I did try to get the front plate off but as it would not come away easily i did not try to force it.
Does this type have a replaceable cartridge??

Thanks Hackney Plumbing! interesting name for one based in Fl? And a winged Pegasus by any chance?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
That is a European valve. Good luck getting parts. It was probably installed by a builder and chosen by a foo-foo designer who had no regards for future issues. The building contractor may know who the distributor is....check with them.

johnsas

Reaction score
Builder has long since ridden into the sunset!!!!
Am I right in thinking that the front plate should come off?? (ie to remove the cartridge)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks