Waterproof pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
Water proof or water resistant?

For water resistant, I use Barksdale switches. They are not inexpensive. That's the switch I use on irrigation systems and the switch is mounted on the discharge manifold, exposed to the elements. It can take a sprinkler hitting it all day long.

Greenmonster123

Reaction score
Water proof or water resistant?

For water resistant, I use Barksdale switches. They are not inexpensive. That's the switch I use on irrigation systems and the switch is mounted on the discharge manifold, exposed to the elements. It can take a sprinkler hitting it all day long.

That is exactly what I am looking for. Do you have a link to the model you use?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I sometimes use an Allen Bradley switch model AB836C7J. These have a Nema 4X enclosure that can be run through a high pressure car wash without getting the switch wet. They are not cheap and will not handle motor amperage, so you have to use a deluxe box or a relay.

You can also move the existing pressure switch inside the house, close to a water line and the main breaker if you install the switch with a small tank as with one of the Pside-kick kits. Then you can keep using the 20 dollar switch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks