Waterlogged

Users who are viewing this thread

arnowell

Reaction score
I think that my tank is waterlogged. I have a Pro Source plus air over water tank. I tried draining it by opening all the facets in my house turning the pump off. After about a minute of that no water was coming out I went through the house closed all the facets and flipped the breaker back on to the pump. This seemed to work for about a week now I am getting the spewing of air again. I noticed that my shrader valve this sits by the pump switch is leaking water when I the pump kicks on and it will leak for a few minutes before it quits. Is this normal and what would be the best way to replace if not?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A Pro Source should be a bladder tank, and not a very good one in my opinion. But you should not have a check valve with a Schrader valve on it if you have a bladder tank. "Does not compute Will Robinson." Can you get a model number off the tank?

arnowell

Reaction score
Ok it is a prosource plus faw 40 air over water contact fiber wound tank. It is ran like this. The pump and tank is all outside in a pump shed. It runs pump-pumpswitch/shrader valve-to the tank then to my house. See pics

Attachments

• 100_1865.jpg
    100_1865.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 436
  • 100_1868.jpg
    100_1868.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 442
  • 100_1866.jpg
    100_1866.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 420

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
First thing! Take that cap off the shrader valve!!! If it leaks a little you can put in a new one, they are pretty cheap. Don't try to replace the inside spring with one from a car, they are too strong and will not let it work like it should.

Then in the side of the tank where the gauge is, there is a small screw slot for a flat head screwdriver.
Unscrew that until you here air and leave it alone.

That is called an air release. It will let out excess air that is put in by the shrader valve. With the cap on the shrader it can't work properly.

You do not have a bladder tank. The tank you have is designed to work with the shrader valve and the air release.

Travis

Speedbump

Reaction score
there is a small screw slot for a flat head screwdriver.
Unscrew that until you here air and leave it alone.

With our air maker system to get rid of Sulphur Gas, we go through a lot of air release valves. We actually take the screw out completely. This seems to make them last a bit longer. Otherwise with the screw in place, the sulphur just plugs them up even faster.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks