waterline filter connection problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
I am trying to connect an inline water filter to the fridge. I have the 1/4 copper line connected to the fridge line. I got a new inline filter which has to quick connect adapters which I inserted in both ends of the filter. The copper line works fine.

o?

DSC01560.jpg

But the fridge line has the same connection.

DSC01561.jpg

What do I need to do?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Probably what you need to do on BOTH ends is cut the fittings off and shove the copper AND the plastic lines directly into the filter, after removing those plastic adapters.

Coopns

Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't want to cut the line from the fridge just in case it doesn't work great. Wasn't sure how hard it was to install a new connector in case it didn't work.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
How are the plastic adapters held in the filter? If you can get them out, you may be able to find a different one that would allow you to connect to the existing pipes.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You can either remove the adapter from the filter and get a female one, or buy a brass 1/4" pipe coupling. But you also have a similar problem at the copper end, because the adapter is a "PIPE THREAD", but the copper has a compression nut which has an entirely different thread.

Last edited:

Coopns

Reaction score
HJ, as you noted I have the compression nut so do I have an alternatives? Must be something. So that wouldn't work with the compression nut and thread on to that adapter would it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks