Waterboss 93WB Leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Hendel

Reaction score
My 1999 Waterboss leaked water all over the garage this week. The Turbine Sensor Housing is definitely broken (one arm is off). However, we also found a black piece near the Inlet that is broken but is not on any parts list. It has the black finish, part of the circular manufacturing stamp and the beginning of a number, A515...It has a horizontal overall to the left of the date stamp and a rounded corner. The top and right sides are missing. It was sitting on the indented part of the case just to the left of the Inlet. It's been installed for 6 years here and was in storage for 9 years after an initial use of 1 year. Could it be just be junk that got left over from assembly and has been sitting there unneeded? I can see an outline of where it has been sitting. I scanned and e-mailed a picture to Hague water, but does anyone know about this "part"?

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Photo?
WaterBoss the baby brother to the Hague Water Max...
Housing was is part of the Bypass assembly.

Gary Hendel

Reaction score
Photo?
WaterBoss the baby brother to the Hague Water Max...
Housing was is part of the Bypass assembly.
Maybe it's just junk from install 6 years ago? Here's a picture - it has left an outline in brine so it must have been there a while...It seems to be the same plastic as the rest of the unit but can't see where it would go...

Attachments

• water boss piece.jpg
    water boss piece.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 833

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I see a drain barb and then the in line nipple... but for the life of me I am trying to remember that part, there is nothing like that I can remember on the drain end cap.

Gary Hendel

Reaction score
I see a drain barb and then the in line nipple... but for the life of me I am trying to remember that part, there is nothing like that I can remember on the drain end cap.
Thanks for looking. Once I get the new Turbine Sensor Housing, I'll reinstall it and see if it is water-tight again. I have to assume this piece is just a scrap that got put down there when we got this house plumbed and the unit installed here.....

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
There was years ago between 93 and 2000 or so that there was a hook of sorts behind the valve body and under the bypass assembly for holding the power line.. but have no idea as to if they still use it or now today.
Have not seen a new one here in Alaska, the over 3ppm iron does not play well with the max , boss ... and now the HCIII...... my view , not that good of a valve.

Gary Hendel

Reaction score
There was years ago between 93 and 2000 or so that there was a hook of sorts behind the valve body and under the bypass assembly for holding the power line.. but have no idea as to if they still use it or now today.
Have not seen a new one here in Alaska, the over 3ppm iron does not play well with the max , boss ... and now the HCIII...... my view , not that good of a valve.
Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks