Water wouldn't turn off!

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by jmak, Jul 2, 2009.

1. jmak

jmak New Member

Hello, I have a Delta single-handle shower/tub faucet- model number: 1343-NPS. Last night, during my shower, I turned the handle to turn the water off and nothing happened. My shower kept on; the handle did nothing. I had to turn the building's water off in order to get the shower to stop. I took the handle off to look for something suspicious, but didn't find anything so I turn the water back on for the building. The handle then worked normally turning the water on and off.
    Since then, there has been a constant drip from the faucet and if I listen close to the wall, it sounds as if the water is still on slightly even though it's turned all the way to the off position.

Please help? I don't know how to stop the dripping. Thanks in advance!
  2. Cookie

Cookie .

Not knowing the age of your faucet you need to either replace springs and seats or a cartridge. They do have rebuilding kits for the cartridges but they are hard to find, some supply houses carry them. It would be easier for you just to replace the cartridge.

But, I am not a plumber.