Water Woes

Users who are viewing this thread

THarp

Reaction score
Began having pump problems, pulled the old jet pump and foot valve. Installed a submersible and now the water smells. I have a sediment filter under the house and it seems to catch a lot of sand/gravel. When the filter starts getting well used the water smell is worse.

I've done the bleach thing a couple of times but when the bleach smell is gone the water smells bad again. It smells kinda sulfer gas like. Any advice on how to fix. I'm considering a new well but I'd have to borrow the $$$.:confused:

Speedbump

Reaction score
It may be the sediment filter that stinks. Try removing it for a while. It could be your water heater if you only smell it on the hot side.

Changing from a jet to a submersible means the well is being pumped faster, which can sometimes make sulphur smell worse.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks