Water well tank leaking...what to replace with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jed1154

Reaction score
My tank is a AW120-01 ProSource epoxy lined tank. My well has a snifter valve on it and the tank has a gauge that spits out water and some air every time the well comes on. It is NOT a bladder tank. All of the connections are rusty and flaky and I think they are starting to seep or drip water.

Should I just get the same type of tank or something different? Im extremely handy so is there any reason I cannot install this myself? I dont know that I can put a bladder tank on since the well is set up differently but thats what Im asking you guys for.

Thanks for any info.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I have a lot of repaired epoxy lined tanks - lags with epoxy -JB weld under a washer after grinding it clean and sanding the washer. The old timers used wood whittled plugs.

Thats the greenest and handiest way to go. If your leaks are just at fittings, redo all the piping and the air control valve thats spitting air.

Other wise sears has epoxy tanks and you can still get the galvanized variety that outlast most everything.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
WellMate makes fibreglass tanks. They come in bladder and air-over-water types. If you don't want to pull the pump to remove the bleeder/snifter just go bladderless.

Jed1154

Reaction score
When I say its rusty and flaky, I mean that Im afrad to unthread the fittings for fear it will disintegrate. I dont know if I can repair that or not. Where do you get the air valve with gauge?

I like the fiberglass tank Idea...any cons to those kinds? Do I have to buy from a distributor?

Last edited:

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
I recommend that you call Cycle Stop Valves http://www.cyclestopvalves.com. They will recommend the best tank and Cycle Stop Valve for your needs and walk you through the installation. You won't need a large tank like you have (that's old technology). A smaller tank and CSV will give you constant pressure (like city water), extend the life of your water system and cost you much less.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks