water trickling around waste pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by danielpschneider, Mar 18, 2014.

1. danielpschneider

danielpschneider New Member

Hi Everyone,

I took out a concrete slab in a bathroom located in my basement. I then cut out a cast iron pipe and used a fernco to attach a new pvc 3inch drain pipe. I tried to get the fernco tight, but after pouring water through the pipe it appears as if a little water trickles out. Will this be a big deal once I cover the pipe over with dirt and then pour a new concrete slab? Anything I can put around the fernco seal to contain water?

Thanks!
  2. asktom

asktom Member

No, you don't want to leave a leak under the slab. How about posting a picture of what you have? There may be a simple answer if we can see it.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I would measure the O.D. of the cast.
    Some of the old stuff is 3-1/8", which makes it a copper size. A copper to plastic coupling would be the correct one in that case.