water trickling around waste pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

danielpschneider

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I took out a concrete slab in a bathroom located in my basement. I then cut out a cast iron pipe and used a fernco to attach a new pvc 3inch drain pipe. I tried to get the fernco tight, but after pouring water through the pipe it appears as if a little water trickles out. Will this be a big deal once I cover the pipe over with dirt and then pour a new concrete slab? Anything I can put around the fernco seal to contain water?

Thanks!

Asktom

Reaction score
No, you don't want to leave a leak under the slab. How about posting a picture of what you have? There may be a simple answer if we can see it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would measure the O.D. of the cast.
Some of the old stuff is 3-1/8", which makes it a copper size. A copper to plastic coupling would be the correct one in that case.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks