Water Tank Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

TVL

Reaction score
Based on info I requested from you folks in the past, I decided it was time to replace the old Sears Captive Air Tank. The tank was installed in 1984 ( 32 YEARS AGO ) and has never given any trouble. But, I just knew it was probably time for it to fail and replaced it with a Well_X_Trol 62 gallon tank - WX-251.

I now believe this tank had many more years of life left in it. The bladder was in much better shape that I had visualized. The tank sat underneath the house for 32 years ....... maybe this is the best spot if one wants to ensure a long tank life. However, I did ensure the air pressure was maintained at least once each year. I do know this was important!

Last edited by a moderator:

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
I see them around here with long life too. Now you see why alot people got away from selling WellXtrol because there were other brands that had long life as well and cheaper. Maintenance to the tank will make any brand of tank and your pump last a long time. What brands can hold their precharge without maintenance the longest is what you want and you picked one of the best brands at doing just that. See how long you can last so you can see why maintenance was forgotten about over the years with WellXtrol tanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks