Water supply line centered behind toilet - will this cause any problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

r2traps

Reaction score
I will be replacing the old toilet in my bathroom basement with a Toto Eco Drake. As you can see from the photos below, the supply line is centered directly behind the toilet. It doesn't seem to cause any problems with the current toilet, but wanted to check with the experts on this forum before I went ahead and installed the Toto.

stop-behind-2.jpg

stop-behind-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't really tell what you have now, it sure looks like a hack job. The pipe could be shortened and a new compression valve installed that would be closer to the wall. It also would not be a very difficult job to open the wall, and reroute the pipe to a more suitable position.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most of the Toto toilets would hit the supply placed right behind like that.
You could use the new CST746 Dynamax Drake3 which gives a lot more clearance at the back. or an Aquia.

Last edited:

r2traps

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies Gary & Terry. I'm open to altering the piping to make the Eco Drake fit properly. Would shortening the pipe be sufficient, or would the toilet work better if the pipe was rerouted to Toto's suggested location (6" from the center of the toilet and 8" high from the floor)?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks