Water stopping in garden and barn, but not house

Users who are viewing this thread

coolcat7fl

Reaction score
When i turn on the water in the garden or barn, it runs for about a minute or two, then stops completely. After minutes or hours, i can use it again. Any ideas? I hope its not the well as im on my second well pump in 12 years.
both barn and garden are fed from well, and are in line before the house pressure tanks, aerator, submersible
Im attaching a sketch of my water equipment layout.

Sorry for double posting, i cant find how to delete

Reach4

Reaction score
Some do the double posting over and over for some reason.

I suspect there is a check valve between (the garden and well ) and the pressure switch. Remove it, and problem will be solved.

coolcat7fl

Reaction score
Some do the double posting over and over for some reason.

I suspect there is a check valve between (the garden and well ) and the pressure switch. Remove it, and problem will be solved.

Would that be in the well? From the well to the house, pvc pipe is all underground, so i dont think a valve would be underground would it?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
I agree with reach4. If there is a check valve in the water line after the barn and the garden and then the pressure switch is after the check valve, then what you describe will happen. The pump will not start running again until you turn on water in the house and when the pressure drops enough ,the pump will run and until it shuts off the water at the barn and garden will run again.
The check valve is probably near the pressure tank.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Here is a typical set up with the brass spring check on the left of the tee
tanktee.jpg
:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Since you have water at the barn for a minute or two, I do not think it is a check valve. It maybe the little line going into the pressure switch is clogged, and it takes a while for the pressure to drain out enough to start the pump. Are you saying that while no water is coming to the barn you still have water at the house?

Reach4

Reaction score
Originally coolcat7fl had posted a diagram with two pressure switches and two pressure tanks. In an effort to remove a duplicate post, the diagram got deleted. It seemed that one pressure tank could be supplying the load for a minute or two while another pressure tank and pressure switch was somehow isolated -- presumably by a check valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks