Water spraying or misting from well tank

Users who are viewing this thread

hd82

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long, here are the pics and info I got off the tag. It is a Pentair Water Treatment, Chardon Ohio, Serial# 16408-158, Model SP 25.The pics are attached.
What is the valve on the side of my tank called? It has a pressure gauge screw in the top and the thing is spraying water onto my wall and floor. Is there some type of drain hose that can be attached to the fitting where the spray is coming from so that I can attach a 1/4" hose and run it to a drain?

Thanks,
hd82

Attachments

• Jun07_0005.jpg
    Jun07_0005.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 261
  • Jun07_0004.jpg
    Jun07_0004.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Jun07_0003.jpg
    Jun07_0003.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Jun07_0013.jpg
    Jun07_0013.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 257
  • Jun07_0006.jpg
    Jun07_0006.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 269

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Bad Air Volume Control (AVC)

That's a control that controls the water and air in the tank. Purchase a new control from a well supplier. Turn off the pump, drain the tank and unscrew the pressure guage and then unscrew the large AVC in the tank and replace it with a new one. Be sure to read the instructions for removing the old and installing the new AVC.

Anything else is a waste of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedbump

Reaction score
I think you have an air making system, but it still wouldn't be a bad idea to air the tank up to around 25 psi before turning on the pump again.

hd82

Reaction score
What the H**L is that thing called? Strangely enough now that I took the pics my brother tells me today it isn't spraying or misting at all. Is it suppose to?

DJC

hd82

Reaction score
Where can I get one, can't seem to locate one locally. I also looked on the pumps and tanks site. I even looked on the Pentair site, what a waste of time that was.

hd82

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks