water softner filters: Can you interchange?

Users who are viewing this thread

drycreeklabradors

Reaction score
Have used Kinetico water system for nine years. Happy with it, but I wonder.....do I have to pay them to come out once a year to change water filter? Can I buy a cheaper brand that would do the job and replace it myself? Or maybe just buy a Kinetico filter and do it myself? Any thoughts out there? By the way, I call myself an ignorant female on this topic, but not helpless.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are we talking about that filter that is under a white cap and see through housing?
The filter that is 4x10?
Does it look like this?
The only challenge that I can think of is that if your unit is under warranty and you go and use another filter than theirs... then they may void the warranty on you..

Attachments

• Big Filter.jpg
    Big Filter.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
Have used Kinetico water system for nine years. Happy with it, but I wonder.....do I have to pay them to come out once a year to change water filter? Can I buy a cheaper brand that would do the job and replace it myself? Or maybe just buy a Kinetico filter and do it myself? Any thoughts out there? By the way, I call myself an ignorant female on this topic, but not helpless.
You can change the filter yourself, but I would not buy a cheap filter. A 20 micron pleated filter should be used which cost about $7.00 and should last 6-12 months.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks