Water softener sizing and recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Victmor

Reaction score
New here, I don't know much about water softeners so I'd like some recommendations from those in the know. I listed some results from water testing I had done below and based off that I was hoping to know what size and what unit would be best for my situation. I am pretty much limited to buying online and doing a diy install. Thank you in advance for any responses.

House and occupants: 2500 sq ft. 3 bath, family of 4 right now with possibility of 5 down the road
Well Water
Hardness: 12gpg
Iron: less than .01 mg/l
Manganese: less than .002 mg/l
TDS: 324 mg/l
Nitrate: 8.6 mg/l

Victmor

Reaction score
I'm in the central valley, Stockton, Modesto area. Would I need a high flow valve? I have just 5/8" pex plumbing throughout the house? And how about the Fleck models? which one 5600, 2510, 9100, 6700? Just looking for something diy friendly and something that won't cost me a fortune or be impossible to fix if something breaks down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks