Water Softener problem

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by bjp, Aug 27, 2008.

1. bjp

bjp New Member

Hi... I have a 6 month old softener, a Professioanl Series by Water Technologies, Inc. Whenever it regenerates, we get lots of air in our pipes. So much that when we turn the shower on, it spits and pops and shudders for 2-3 minutes. In addition, I still have some hard water deposits. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

The most common cause of that is loose brine line connections allowing it to suck air or the brine pick up tube's air check is not closing and that allows air into the resin tank but... if you are on your own well, the water level in the well could be down to the inlet of the pump or foot valve allowing the pump to suck air.
  3. bjp

bjp New Member

I'll check it out. Thanks for the help--have a great day!!:)