Water Softener, I'm learning but still a bit confused....

Users who are viewing this thread

Tlhfirelion

Reaction score
Guys, very helpful replies thank you. A little back story, my young son had a kidney transplant and Children's hospital did tell us under no circumstances are we to use Potassium Chloride IF we have a water softener, so that's already been decided for us. I have done some digging and the info about the salt intake being equivalent to a slice of white bread is what we were told by our sons transplant coordinator. It would seem that using a RO at the kitchen sink where all our drinking/cooking water comes from would be a good approach. What model would you suggest?

I can try and get the water report from our homeowners association president, but that's a last resort. I prefer to keep the neighborhood nazi out of my business at all costs. Lol. He will figure out a way to make me pay extra for increased water usage or some other asinine idea.

It would seem I am now needing to find out what size I need, and then what size I should increase it too. How do I determine what grain I would need, and where can I research the RO systems for under the kitchen sink?

Thank you again for everyone's replies, this is very helpful and informative.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The permeate pump is one of the best additions to an RO you can do! My system is dual 100 GPD RO's with individual ERP-1000's. The pumps are over 13 years old and still working great!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks