water softener drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Joshuani

Reaction score
Hello, I am installing a water softener and have to run the drain line up about 8' then horizontal about 12' then back down about 9' to a laundry sink drain. My question is: What size PVC should I use? Can I have two 90's in the drain line where I need to make my turns? I dont want standing water getting back inside the tank if my drain is not correct. Any assistance is helpful. The PVC will be strapped to the inside wall of the garage, up to the ceiling, horizontally over a door and then back down the wall to the sink drain. I want it to look nice which is why I'm not using pex so pex is not an option ;-)

Joshuani

Reaction score
Great thank you. Do you see a problem with installing the two 90's in the line? I know its a preasurized drain but want to be sure the pump can handle the 30' run. I guess my only worry is the first 90' at the beginning 8' where it turns and runs parrallel with the ceiling. I'm not worried about the 90' coming back down from the ceiling because it will obviously have gravity on its side. Thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks