Water Softener Control Unit Settings and Documentation

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob Wagner

Reaction score
Attached is a picture of my water softener control unit. How should this be set for daily operation? Also, there are push/pull pins on the day setting dial. What is their function and should they be in or out for routine operation of the unit. Would anyone know who is the manufacturer of this unit? Anyone know where I might be able to obtain an operating manual?

Thanks In Advance for any Assistance,

Bob

Attachments

• Water Softener control-panel-636.jpg
    Water Softener control-panel-636.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 4,526

Reach4

Reaction score
That is an Autotrol 155 or 1555TC control with the 440 timer. I have one. Manuals are available on the web. http://www.softenerparts.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/manuals/autotrol/155 440 1017911 r334.pdf

As shown, if pin 1 is pushed in, and the time is set properly to 2 AM, a regen cycle should be just ready to cycle. To set the time, pull out in the middle of the clock and rotate to the correct time. Release. If only pin 1 is pushed in, you will get a re-gen once every 6 days. Push in all pins, and expect a regen every night.

To trigger an (almost) immediate regen, push in the red dial and rotate the arrow CCW from Run to Start. Some do that with just fingers. Others use a big flatblade screwdriver. Remember you have to push in before rotating.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks