Water softener choice

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by jeb22013, Feb 16, 2013.

1. jeb22013

jeb22013 New Member

I have contacted several local dealers regarding a new water softener. Both have tested my water and given me their recommendation. I would appreciate your opinions on the two choices.
    1. Hydrotech system with a Fleck 5600 meter initiated valve. (approx $1300 from a general plumbing contractor)
    2. GE/Pentair system with Autotrol 255 valve and Logix 760 Controller. (approx. $1150 from a water conditioning company)
    Thank you
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Either will serve you well but you. Might also want to look into a clack
  3. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Of the 2, I would go with the Fleck 5600 but agree that you should look into a Clack unit as well.
  4. jeb22013

jeb22013 New Member

Thanks for your input, but I am having trouble finding anyone in my are that deals with clack. Any ideas on how I can find someone?
  5. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Other than calling all the water treatment dealers in your area to see if the sell Clack, no. You can find a dealer of Clack that can provide the equipment but you would have to find someone to install it if you are not going to do it yourself. I sent you a PM.
  6. Constru Expert

Constru Expert New Member