Water softener choice

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by jeb22013, Feb 16, 2013.

1. jeb22013

jeb22013 New Member

I have contacted several local dealers regarding a new water softener. Both have tested my water and given me their recommendation. I would appreciate your opinions on the two choices.
    1. Hydrotech system with a Fleck 5600 meter initiated valve. (approx $1300 from a general plumbing contractor)
    2. GE/Pentair system with Autotrol 255 valve and Logix 760 Controller. (approx. $1150 from a water conditioning company)
    Thank you

2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Either will serve you well but you. Might also want to look into a clack

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Owner of SWS Systems WWW.SWSSYSTEM.COM
    Of the 2, I would go with the Fleck 5600 but agree that you should look into a Clack unit as well.

5. jeb22013

jeb22013 New Member

Thanks for your input, but I am having trouble finding anyone in my are that deals with clack. Any ideas on how I can find someone?

6. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Owner of SWS Systems WWW.SWSSYSTEM.COM
    Other than calling all the water treatment dealers in your area to see if the sell Clack, no. You can find a dealer of Clack that can provide the equipment but you would have to find someone to install it if you are not going to do it yourself. I sent you a PM.

7. Constru Expert

Constru Expert New Member