Water softener buzz

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by Bostonbabe, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Bostonbabe

Bostonbabe New Member

I have an Aqua Classic water softener. After a power outage of approx. 2 hrs., my water softener started making a buzzing noise. As far as I can tell there isn't a reset switch on it, and unplugging it for a minute didn't stop it. Any ideas what could be wrong?

2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Business owner/service and sales
    Could be the timer motor on the unit, some of them will have a buzz or some other low sound.
    With out more information on the type of control that they used for your system this a shot in the dark.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Bostonbabe

Bostonbabe New Member

Couldn't find a name anywhere around the timer motor, but I did notice that the timing circle hasn't moved since I reset it, so it sounds like you hit the nail on the head with your shot in the dark. Thanks for your help.