Water smells like rotten eggs

Users who are viewing this thread

Phillbo

Reaction score
I have one faucet in my master bathroom that on occasion smells like rotten eggs when I turn it on. I can't tell if its coming from the water or something in the drain line. I've cleaned the trap with no change.

It's an occasional thing. Any suggestions?

City water.

Phillbo

Reaction score
I've only noticed in on the cold water side... That's not to say it does not occur on both side tho. I don't use much hot water in that sink.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
It sounds as if you have a contaminated faucet tip.

Take the faucet tip aerator off and put it in a glass of water with like a teaspoon of bleach in it, for 20 minutes. And for as long as you can, hold the glass up so the faucet tip is in the water in the glass. Hold it as long as you can, take a rest and do it again etc. until the 20 minutes is up.

Rinse the aerator and faucet tip, install the aerator and see if the odor is gone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks