Water Ridge toilets

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jmcleer, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jmcleer

jmcleer New Member

I'm looking to remodel the master bath. Costco is selling a brand of toilet named Water Ridge. I am not familiar with Water Ridge and cannot find out much of anything them or their toilets. Costco generally sells quality products and good prices but I'd still like to find out something about these toilets. Anyone have any information? Thanks.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It looks like a builder grade toilet. Not very good. I take stuff like that to the dump all the time.

I had one of the Costco kitchen faucets in my home when I move in.
    It was horrible.

Jamie installed a Costco disposer for a customer, very lightweight he said.
    Not heavy feeling like the Insinkerators that we install.

I laugh when I walk down that isle.

The lower trapway on the Waterridge has sharp bends. Not good.
    It will work for some, I'm sure, but not in the same class as those that I would recommend if someone wanted something good.
    People with kids, or high use areas, forget it.
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  3. valille

valille New Member

Costco's Toilet

I purchased the toilet several months ago; it works fine as far as flushing goes. It does have a major problem. The water tank appears to leak the water into the sewer line; therefore we are using up valuable water resources in CA.

Also, my wife is a very light sleeper and hears the water turn on filling the tank. This can happen 4 times a night. If there is not an easy fix, I will return the toilet to Costco.

PS; we do have a top mounted flush but there does not appear to be a difference in amount of water flushed. Either way, the tank empties.
  4. rombo

rombo New Member

they are complete garbage don't waste your time. i will not even install them
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I would rather have a root canal
    Sans Novacaine...
    Than purchase plumbing fixtures at Costco!
    :eek:

Chinese Junk!
  6. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

A toilet is one of the more important fixtures in a home and should be the best quality possible. It is not something that one wants to have on going problems with or have to replace frequently. Unfortunately, many discount houses sell junk products because the uninformed homeowner will buy cheap out of ignorance. Builders of course are great customers for these products, not because they don't know better, but because they are trying to improve their profit margin. It's a very common to have homeowners writing this forum after purchasing these junk products. At least you have inquired before making the mistake. Toto is the largest toilet manufacturer in the world and produces nothing but quality toilets regardless of their prices. I would advise you to go to Terry's Report on Low Flow Toilets and look at the various models. Then find you local Toto dealer and get a toilet that will still be functioning for you great grandchildren.:)