Water Ridge toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

jmcleer

Reaction score
I'm looking to remodel the master bath. Costco is selling a brand of toilet named Water Ridge. I am not familiar with Water Ridge and cannot find out much of anything them or their toilets. Costco generally sells quality products and good prices but I'd still like to find out something about these toilets. Anyone have any information? Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It looks like a builder grade toilet. Not very good. I take stuff like that to the dump all the time.

I had one of the Costco kitchen faucets in my home when I move in.
It was horrible.

Jamie installed a Costco disposer for a customer, very lightweight he said.
Not heavy feeling like the Insinkerators that we install.

I laugh when I walk down that isle.

The lower trapway on the Waterridge has sharp bends. Not good.
It will work for some, I'm sure, but not in the same class as those that I would recommend if someone wanted something good.
People with kids, or high use areas, forget it.

Last edited:

valille

Reaction score
Costco's Toilet

I purchased the toilet several months ago; it works fine as far as flushing goes. It does have a major problem. The water tank appears to leak the water into the sewer line; therefore we are using up valuable water resources in CA.

Also, my wife is a very light sleeper and hears the water turn on filling the tank. This can happen 4 times a night. If there is not an easy fix, I will return the toilet to Costco.

PS; we do have a top mounted flush but there does not appear to be a difference in amount of water flushed. Either way, the tank empties.

Rombo

Reaction score
they are complete garbage don't waste your time. i will not even install them

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would rather have a root canal
Sans Novacaine...
Than purchase plumbing fixtures at Costco!
:eek:

Chinese Junk!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A toilet is one of the more important fixtures in a home and should be the best quality possible. It is not something that one wants to have on going problems with or have to replace frequently. Unfortunately, many discount houses sell junk products because the uninformed homeowner will buy cheap out of ignorance. Builders of course are great customers for these products, not because they don't know better, but because they are trying to improve their profit margin. It's a very common to have homeowners writing this forum after purchasing these junk products. At least you have inquired before making the mistake. Toto is the largest toilet manufacturer in the world and produces nothing but quality toilets regardless of their prices. I would advise you to go to Terry's Report on Low Flow Toilets and look at the various models. Then find you local Toto dealer and get a toilet that will still be functioning for you great grandchildren.:)

Fkhess

Reaction score
Costco's Toilet

I purchased the toilet several months ago; it works fine as far as flushing goes. It does have a major problem. The water tank appears to leak the water into the sewer line; therefore we are using up valuable water resources in CA.

Also, my wife is a very light sleeper and hears the water turn on filling the tank. This can happen 4 times a night. If there is not an easy fix, I will return the toilet to Costco.

PS; we do have a top mounted flush but there does not appear to be a difference in amount of water flushed. Either way, the tank empties.
I have the water ridge toilet and I agree the function of the toilet is fine, the "leaking" you here is an easy problem to fix. Take the cover off of the toilet and flush. If the "leaking" stops then you need to adjust the down rods that come from underneath the cover. The rods shimmy down with repeated flushes and press on the white/blue buttons on the cistern that initiate a flush when the cover is on. You can adjust the rods by turning them. On my toilet the small flush rod was about 2.5 inches below the large flush rod. I raised the rod back to the level of the first and tighten the grommets that tighten the rods to the cover. No more leaks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks