water quality

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by thrice910, Jun 20, 2010.

1. thrice910

thrice910 New Member

I have city water and quite frequently the water looks rusty coming into the house. I installed a whole house filter and after one day it looks like it has been installed for a month. I live in a newer sub division(3 years old), so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Is the city responsible to deliver good quality water? I have a feeling this one filter will not be enough, I might need a bigger system. There is only 2 people living in this home.

[​IMG]

After One Day

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

I think your best bet is to ask your water supplier if there is a problem, most jurisdictions only guarantee that the water is safe to drink, the taste or the look doesn't come into play.