Water Quality/chaulky water?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by billfig, Apr 23, 2011.

1. billfig

billfig New Member

It seems more apparent on non metal materials and after going thru the dishwasher? The silverware doesnt shine as well either. I just put the Kenmore Softener in within the past 6 mos. It seemed to develop after I replaced my diaphram tank setup a few weeks ago. I checked & cleaned the venturi assy(thinking it was plugged). Actually when I think about it, the water seems fairly soft when washing hands/shower etc. ? So strange? water tested at 30-34 hardness many years ago..:confused:

2. Smooky

Smooky Well-Known Member

I don't really know but if the hardness is less than 30, the water becomes corrosive. Are you sure you needed the water softener? Another thought, I think the softener adds sodium to the water.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Owner of SWS Systems WWW.SWSSYSTEM.COM
    Water only becomes corrosive when the pH falls below 7, not when you remove hardness.

5. billfig

billfig New Member

I think maybe I'll have my water analyzed to see where my base is..:)