Water pump on and off

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevwin

Reaction score
My pump that links the cistern and the tank on my roof goes on and off every 2 seconds at the final stage of filling up. My roof tank had 3 sensors. It is the middle to top filling stage that the pump goes on and off.
Is that how it should be? I've been living with this for 3 years :(

Reach4

Reaction score
No.

What do your sensors look like?

If you have a float switch at the top that is on a tether, you can reattach the cord to make the tether part longer.
gems-seriesm-tie-200.jpg

Last edited:

Kevwin

Reaction score
The cistern has a ball float and 3 sensors the but roof tank doesnt has the ball float (it used to but someone took it off), that also has the 3 senors that are collected to a controller

Reach4

Reaction score
I expect the water level is usually between two of the sensors. If you separated those two sensors a little more, that 2 second thing might go away.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
There could be a lot of turbulence at the top of the tank causing the float to bounce around or something like that. Maybe?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks