water pressure reducer

Users who are viewing this thread

tjwozer

Reaction score
(Watts 3/4 LF25AUB) Getting spikes in water pressure mostly overnight and sometimes in the afternoon. Normal pressure with a gauge is 50 psi but the spikes take it up to as high as 120+ psi. The system has an expansion tank and just to prove it isn't an expansion issue I turned the hot water tank off and the spikes still happen.

My theory is that when there is substantial less demand from users on the communities water lines that my reducer is getting weak and not able to control the increased pressure.

Not a costly nor hard thing to replace but I just want to make sure that a reducer could be doing that.

Thanks!

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your reducer is probably defective. You can rebuild it, but since the cost is not substantial, better replace it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks