Water Pressure Problem

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Mo P, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Mo P

Mo P New Member

I purchaed and installed a Kohler kitchen faucet.
    Prior to this install I had no issues with water pressure (hot or cold)
    After the install, the cold pressure is fine but the hot is very low.
    There are no kinks in the lines.
    I have City of Chicago water.
    Could this be the faucet, the supply lines or what?
    The faucet is a Kohler Forte R10412-CP
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

ANy time you shut off the water, you can dislodge crud when you turn it back on. My guess is that you have some caught in the supply line or cartridge guts on the hot side. It could be at the shutoff, the hose, or internal. Take the supply hose off the shutoff, use a bucket, and see what kind of flow you get out of the shutoff directly. This will help start to isolate where the problem is.