Water pressure problem with well pump system

Users who are viewing this thread

wrea398

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im sure this subject has been beat to death but I was hoping to get some advice on my particlular issue. I have a well and when I moved in 5 years ago the water pressure seamed OK. After 2 years the pressure slowly had gone away as I noticed my showers were getting weaker. I had a professional replace the well pump, pressure tank, 30/50 pressure valve and I had Culligan come out and service my water softener with new filters and they totally cleaned the 2 heads. After they did this my shower was back full force. This was all done 3.5 years ago. The main issue I have is that I can only do one thing at a time. Can't run the dish washer and run the sink, cant flush the toilet and take a shower, cant do laundry and get a drink from the kitchen sink, etc. I can only do one single thing at a time. The upstairs shower is only putting out about 50-60% the pressure that my lower level does. When the Culligan guy came out he noticed that one of my bypass valves was closed. Former owner had done this and I had no idea. The PVC pipes exiting the system were plugged solid. Not sure where to go from here. My pressure tank is at 42.5lbs and the 30/50 regulator is turned up to 35/55 and seems to work fine. I know I probably need to go lower on the tank (30-33 lbs). My well pump is strong and fills up a 5 gallon bucket in no time. Mabey a clogged primary line somewhere before it splits off to other appliances and faucets? Looking for some advice. Hope this is enough info. Thanks in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks