Water Pressure Drops

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by mjk54321, Jul 17, 2010.

1. mjk54321

mjk54321 New Member

My kitchen sink has a strange (for me) problem. Mostly in the mornings, but also sometimes in the evenings, the water will run just fine for a few seconds, then the water pressure drops and the water comes out in a trickle. If I turn the water off, then *slowly* turn it back on, it will resume normal pressure. Also, any time I turn on the side sprayer, the water pressure drops. This only happens in the kitchen.

Any suggestions of what I could check out?

Thanks,
    Michael
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

With a kitchen faucet, the first suspect is the diverter device inside, which send water to the spout or to the side spray. Take the faucet apart, remove the diverter, and put it back together. If you get normal flow at the spout, then that was the issue.

Otherwise, do you have pressure issues anywhere else? That could be the pressure regulator.