Water Pressure Drops

Users who are viewing this thread

mjk54321

Reaction score
My kitchen sink has a strange (for me) problem. Mostly in the mornings, but also sometimes in the evenings, the water will run just fine for a few seconds, then the water pressure drops and the water comes out in a trickle. If I turn the water off, then *slowly* turn it back on, it will resume normal pressure. Also, any time I turn on the side sprayer, the water pressure drops. This only happens in the kitchen.

Any suggestions of what I could check out?

Thanks,
Michael

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
With a kitchen faucet, the first suspect is the diverter device inside, which send water to the spout or to the side spray. Take the faucet apart, remove the diverter, and put it back together. If you get normal flow at the spout, then that was the issue.

Otherwise, do you have pressure issues anywhere else? That could be the pressure regulator.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks