Water Pressure Booster Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

MAS25

Reaction score
I have a 1 HP 115V Grundfos water pressure booster in my house that is taking a dive. From what I have read and my experience with my pump, it's not the pump I should put back in my home. What is the most durable, reliable, and long lasting water pressure pump replacement out there for around $500-$600, or less? The Grundfos has only lasted about 4 years and they are pretty expensive to replace...can you help me? I just don't want to make another expensive mistake! What do you all recommend?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That must be an “MQ”. Pretty much any standard cast iron jet pump will be better than the MQ. Stay with a brand name like Sta-Rite or Goulds. Then you can use a Pside-Kick kit with a CSV to get constant pressure, be able to use a small tank, and make the pump last a long time. Like in the following picture the dumpster is the place I find the most MQ pumps.

IMG_0004.JPG

MAS25

Reaction score
Thank you Valve Man...I greatly appreciate it! I will take your suggestion and post my progress in the next week...and thx again!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I hope MAS25 comes back and lets us know what he did. But this is very common. Once someone has a CSV controlling their pump they never have to think about it again. The CSV makes water systems so dependable water just comes out of the faucet when they open it, and they forget they even have a pump. When your water system is dependable, you can work, golf, play, or whatever is important in life and not worry about water. Most only come to forums when they are having problems, and you rarely see anyone with a CSV come back to the forum.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks