Water-Powered sump pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Rob Here. I hope you don't mind me asking more plumbing questions!
I just wondered if you knew anything about these water powered sump pumps. I have some serious drainage issues in my basement and until I can afford to dig serious ditches all around my house I have to rely on the old sump pump. It does fine as long as the power is on, but if we lose power... which usually occurs at least once or twice during the winter... I have about a foot of water down there. Luckily it is all concrete and I have things up off the ground out of the way, but it's still a pain when that happens! I was looking at this
Wayne Water-Powered Sump Pump — Model# EWP10 It only cost $139.00.
http://waynewatersystems.com/index.cfm/product/412_60/bewp10.cfm

Does that mean it is just a piece of junk, or would it suffice as a temporary cheap fix for now? Right now my electric pump is going on about every two minutes for five or ten seconds. I'm hoping it's not going to burn out. My whole sewer line also should be replaced, but I don't have $15,000! You know the story I am sure. I am thinking maybe I can just replace the first thirty feet or so where it might be leaking back into the basement, but I think it's mostly just ground water seeping in anyway.

Rob in Seattle

Attachments

• BEWP10.jpg
    BEWP10.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,258
Last edited by a moderator:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Don't waste your money. In most areas they do not meet the plumbing code unless you have an RPZ installed with it. Plus you are wasting good potable water to pump out ground water. Buy a Basement Watchdog "Big Dog" or get a Sump Pro system. Here is from another post on the subject of which backup sump pump system to install.

This is a repost of my response to another question about backup pumps and primary pumps. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29509

BigDogSystem.jpg

The Basement Watchdog battery back up pump is a good decent system, their primary pump that they are selling in the combo system is junk though. The Basement watchdog system you want to go with is the Big Dog, do not go with the smaller systems. The smaller systems require you to manually test the pump to ensure it has not frozen on you. Where the Big Dog, will auto test itself and sound an alarm if there is an issue with the back up pump.

Now professional offered battery back up systems the PHCC Pro -2400 is a very good system it is made by Glentronics same people that make the Basement Watchdog systems and has all the same features as the Big Dog plus more.

Another system I really like uses two primary pumps like a pair of hydromatic D-A-1 or a pair of Zoeller M-53 The system is called a Sump Pro it uses a pair of marine batteries to run your pumps A/C pumps when the power goes out. It also alternates each pump each time the pump pit fills up so this way they both get worked out (pumps that do not run freeze up).

front_sumproplat.png
77860-63-t.gif

AS for a primary pump I sell Zoeller and Hydromatic pumps. A Zoeller M-53, or a hydromatic D-A-1 will work nicely for you

su_wdva1.jpg

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Thanks Terry for the adding the images. I went to add two more, but the forum limits me adding only 4 images to the post. So here is a picture of the PHCC Pro 2400

phcc_pro_series_2400_bbsps.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks