Water Noise in Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Lindsay VanEtta

Reaction score
I have a 1930s pier and beam home that I have owned for almost 7 years. For about a week, I have heard a water noise in the bathroom. It does not appear to be coming from the toilet or from the sink. It sounds like it is near my shower in the wall or ceiling. Nothing appears to be wet, no spots on the walls or ceilings either, and the floor is dry as well. The shower itself is a shower and tub combo, so the wall could be wet behind the shower wall without me knowing, however, it shares a wall with the dining room and that side of the wall is not wet. The sound is not a hissing or dripping. It is like a water feature...like a trickle...but it is like it is trickling into more water.

Not sure if it matters, but the shower head drips constantly. Something that I will get the plumber to fix when he comes to look at this problem.

I'm a teacher and have less than a week left of school. I will call a plumber to come when I am out of school and able to be home when he is there. I am just a worrier and am wondering if anyone has any insight into what this may be. Obviously I'm terrified about my walls and floor having to be ripped out...not to mention the money I'm going to have to spend on this. Old houses are losing their charm...real quickly!

Thanks in advance!

Reach4

Reaction score
Try turning of the water coming into the house and see if the sound stops.

If you don't know how to do that, it is time to learn.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Not sure if it matters, but the shower head drips constantly. Something that I will get the plumber to fix when he comes to look at this problem.

You will need to fix the leaking shower valve. A dripping shower head could be the problem.
I would also check the toilet tank seal and make sure that isn't leaking too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks