Water Meter Seal Cracked... What next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently turned on the water meter in a rental, and as luck would have it - the water meter seal is cracked. I guess that I didn't to a proper job draining the lines over the winter... :(

Can I purchase a new water meter seal at the local hardware store?

pls advise, and thank you.
Myke.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think the water meter is the responsibility of the water provider to maintain, repair, and replace. The homeowner is responsibility from the meter on. Replacement is not something you can do yourself anyway. Providers get pretty contrary when homeowners mess with their meters. Many don't even want you to turn their valve off in an emergency. I'd advise you to call the city and not to touch the meter.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
meter

If your old meter reads 500,000 gallons and the new one reads 150 gallons by the time they come around to read it, guess who is going to be VERY unhappy with you, or you are going to be unhappy with the bill you get. Call the water company and they will change the meter. you couldn't buy one anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks