Water line for outdoor kitchen

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Dprofets, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Dprofets

Dprofets New Member

So I got this crazy notion of ripping out a small deck that was in the back yard when we moved in and replacing it with an outdoor kitchen. I am planning on running a cold water line to a sink. It will be buried underground under concrete. I have a line to tap off of about 10' away. What would be the best pipe to use and how do I find out how deep to go? I had a plumber out for the gas line I need to run and he quoted me pretty high for the gas, water, and drain to be run. I feel I can handle the electrical, water and drain to save some $$$.
  2. asktom

asktom Member

The type of pipe depends on the code in your area and depth depends on where you are in California - Calexico will be different than Incline Village. Cold water will probably be the easy part. Gas under a slab and a properly installed drain are more complex.
  3. Dprofets

Dprofets New Member

I am in Southern California between San Diego and la. Temp is very mild here. Gas line is definitely going to be done by a professional. Thanks for the reply. How can I find the code in my area?