Water level in concentric float toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

db1

Reaction score
hi all, i have a relatively new concentric float toilet. I need 2 flushes every time and am almost certain the water level is too low, but I've adjusted the fluidmaster float (it's the new type with the plastic adjustment rod) to the highest level and it's not enough...the water is a good 3 inchease below the fill line on the tank and the top of the fill tube. How can i add more water?

any help would really be appreciated!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Screw the top of the Fluidmaster up to raise the level. You have to "unsnap" the top of it, hold the bottom shank, and twist the upper part counterclockwise to raise it.

Reach4

Reaction score
It may additionally be that the flapper is closing too soon. Some are adjustable as to when they close.

First fix your water level in the tank.

If the flush problem persists, hold down the flush actuator for a while to keep the flapper open longer. If that works for you, adjust/replace the flapper.

Last edited:

db1

Reaction score
tried that...even when i hold the flusher down for a while it seems like I'd still need a second flush...

db1

Reaction score
HJ...any way you could detail exactly how to do that? I feel like I'm about to break something...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks