Water level in bowl drops after flushing - Toto Drake CST744SG

Users who are viewing this thread

triom

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had 3 of these toilets installed in my home recently. After flushing, the water in the bowl fills up to what looks like the correct level, then I can hear the tank continue to fill up. For a split second after it is done filling up (no more water sound), things look perfect. Then, the water in the bowl begings to recede over a period of 30 seconds. And then the water level in the bowl holds.
Toilet 1 recedes about an inch.
Toilet 2 recedes about 2 inches. (The water level here just looks too low now)
Toilet 3 recedes about an inch.

Is this normal? How can I get the water level to be settle higher (especially in Toilet 2)?

Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Have you put a level on the floor?
The higher the bowl is at the back, the more water in the bowl.
Just on the reasons that we shim the back and not the front of bowls. We ere on keeping more water in the bowl by making sure the front of the bowl is touching the floor.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score

triom

Reaction score
Thank you both for the thoughtful responses. That link and your explanations make sense. I put a level on the floor as well as at the base of each toilet. Attached are the pictures.

The floor at Toilet 2 is tilted slightly higher in the front whereas the floor at Toilets 1 and 2 is tilted slightly lower in the front.
The levels at the base of the toilets are even or tilted slightly lower in the front.

Would these slight floor tilts cause the water to flow over the weir and leave less in the bowl? What about for Toilets 1 and 3?

Attachments

• ToiletLevels.jpg
    ToiletLevels.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 310

Reach4

Reaction score
It may be that #1 and #3 are settling to their natural level, and your fill valve is putting more water down the overflow tube than needed. An inch does seem like a very large drop, so I wonder if you could be overestimating. You could try measuring.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks