water leaking out of tub??

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by GabeS, Dec 6, 2009.

1. GabeS

GabeS Remodel Contractor

Hi,

I have a perfectly level tub, however when someone takes a shower, the water drips down the front wall and when it reaches the tub of the tub, instead of flowing into the tub, it travels along the wall and drips outside the side of the tub. I was thinking of putting a line of silicone where the water leaks out and try to redirect the water back inside the tub. Not sure if it will work. Any other ideas or solutions would be appreciated.

Gabe
  2. GabeS

GabeS Remodel Contractor

Tell me that I have not just stumped the plumbing world with this question.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

They make triangles that fit in the corners that you can caulk in.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

diverters

They are referred to as "water wings" and fit at the front corners of the tub to intercept and divert the water into the tub.
  5. GabeS

GabeS Remodel Contractor

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can get them? I googled water wings, and a bunch of swim aids for kids came up.
  6. frenchie

frenchie Jack of all trades

Pintchik, on Flatbush & Bergen, used to have them. Not sure if they still do. That little hardware store on 5th, across from the Key Foods & next door to the bike shop? They'll either have em, or know who does.

I suppose I should ask which part of Brooklyn you're in, none of this might be close to you... I know I asked you before, ages ago, but I don't remember.

Be warned, those triangle generally aren't the prettiest of solutions. They're plastic, they're white, they caulk into place.
  7. krow

krow Plumber

HD carried them for a while. I suspect they still do as well as lowes
  8. GabeS

GabeS Remodel Contractor

I suppose I should ask which part of Brooklyn you're in, none of this might be close to you... I know I asked you before, ages ago, but I don't remember.

I'm in Greenwood. That's very close to me. I will get them when I have a chance. I know it won't be pretty, but I don't think I have a choice. It's leaking out and ruining the bottom of the vanity which is made of particle board.
  9. GabeS

GabeS Remodel Contractor

I still can't figure out how to quote only a portion of someone's post.
  10. frenchie

frenchie Jack of all trades

When you erase the bits of the quote you don't need, make sure not to erase the stuff that's in square brackets:

"QUOTE=so&so;1234560", at the beginning of the quote, and
    "/QUOTE" at the end

... and don't delete the brackets, themselves, either.

Stuff inside square brackets, is instructions to the software about how to format the text. More info/explanation, here:

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

scroll down to "usage" and it'll all start to make sense.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009