Water leaking from the bathtub near the faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Dipchik

Reaction score
We have a water leak for which which called a plumber. The plumber could not identify the source of the leak. Bathroom is not the floor above and the leak is not the wall between 2 floors. He said that to find the source of the leak, he will have to cut the drywall. Eventually after he cut the dry wall, we realized the leak is coming from the faucet in bath tub. Unfortunately the plumber claims that he cannot fix the leak unless he cut the tub and install a panel. He said it will cost between 950$ to 1200$ depending on whether we have to replace the faucet.

I did repair a faucet in kitchen which was dripping and usually am able to do some small jobs. Please advice if I can take out the faucet and may be fix the leak by myself.

Leak is near the arrow in the picture below.

Thank you in advance

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 213

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The photo is just two pipes with an arrow between them. You have to know EXACTLY where the leak is before you know if you even have to cut ANY wall open.

Dipchik

Reaction score
The photo is just two pipes with an arrow between them. You have to know EXACTLY where the leak is before you know if you even have to cut ANY wall open.

Thanks for replying. The leak is either in the faucet or the place where pipe connects to the faucet. The faucet is located in the bathtub pictured above.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks