Water leak from stool caused water issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Annaceil333

Reaction score
From all the replies yesterday, we feel the leak that saturated our carpet and flooring in hallway-was caused by a leaking bolt on the tank of our stool-left the way by the contractor's worker who put it in.
1. Do we need to pull any tile to see if the floor is wet under the tile?
2. What about under the vanity do we need to worry about that be wet underneath?
3. How do we handle the guy when he comes back tomorrow? What should he do as far as repairs if the tile is wet underneath?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; 1. Do we need to pull any tile to see if the floor is wet under the tile?

If the tile was installed properly there should be no space under it for water to "get into", and if you can pull the tile without breaking it then that would be another indication that it was not installed properly. If it were I, I would make him call his insurance company to do what is necessary for the carpet, and any flooring damages.

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
Time is of the essence when dealing with water damage. They should have taken responsibility right away and if necessary called their insurrance company who would have more than likely had a restoration company come in and do what needed to be done. It sounds to me as HJ said the carpet will need to be pulled up, but the rest we would need to see to be able to make a call.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks