Water leak at base of valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ffltstn

Reaction score
Best I can tell I have a Guardian Performa with a 255 Valve run by a 760 timer. I at first noticed water marks down the outside of the housing. The other night after a power outage the system was running early and when I went to fix the time I saw a pin hole stream of water shooting out from were the valve screws into the tank. the system is about 9 years old. Could this be the o-ring or is there another issue.
Thanks'
Ken in Orlando

Attachments

• 20170319_163126.jpg
    20170319_163126.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 258
  • 20170326_232052.jpg
    20170326_232052.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 20170326_232109.jpg
    20170326_232109.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 255

Ffltstn

Reaction score
It's hard to see but in the night pictures there is a white line sticking out towards the right . That's the stream of water. It's hard to tell with the plastic cover on the tank. I'll have to take it apart.

Reach4

Reaction score
It's hard to see but in the night pictures there is a white line sticking out towards the right . That's the stream of water.
Impressive! I did not notice until you pointed it out.

Ffltstn

Reaction score
OK took the valve off. Looks like the tank is cracked. From the first pictures you can see the stream is coming out of the white plastic and does not look like its coming from between the white and the black plastic. Here are pictures of the crack. Does everyone agree?
20170403_183622[1].jpg 20170403_183628.jpg

Ffltstn

Reaction score
I believe this has just carbon in it. Can I reuse the carbon inside or being its 9 years old go ahead and replace it? How do I know if there is gravel etc in the bottom? Can I get everything I need in a kit? Best place to purchase and get assistance?
I know this is a Guardian system, Chlorine drip with a Stinner Pump, filter, and the thru the softener. I have hardwater, iron, and tannins. I'm in central Florida.
Once I understand how something works I have no problems working on it.
Thanks everyone for you help.
Ken

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
You should contact Skip. He is on this forum and I just met with him last week. He is fairly local to you and can get you the parts to repair you unit. Please replace the carbon and add gravel. Also be sure to replace the riser tube/screen with a new one.

http://www.swssystem.com/contact.html

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks