Water Jet jacuzzi timer

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by ladytogo, Feb 5, 2014.

1. ladytogo

ladytogo New Member

hi...i have a ~20 year old Water Jet Prestige 6032 jacuzzi (Canoga Park, California, 91304)...i would like to know if anyone knows if there is a different timer that can be installed with this jacuzzi...right now i have a 30 min. timer...do they make longer ones for this jacuzzi?...ok thank you...hope to hear from somebody soon.(see attached pictures please) 20140205_154853_resized.jpg 20140205_154919_resized.jpg 20140205_154911_resized.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

You could install a timer that would run longer, But the timer is a safety and really should not be modified.

How long did you have in mind ?

Good Luck.
  3. Vegas_sparky

Vegas_sparky Eat kitty

Typically the motor load is going directly through those old timers. Because of that they will have more robust contacts than a general duty switch. Find a good electrician, and he can install a relay/contactor to isolate the motor load. Then you can use any kind of switch you like. Lutron and Leviton both make decora style time switches, with multiple conditions(5/15/30/60 mins). They won't last with a decent motor load passing through them, but can be used as a basis for control.
  4. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

So you have some knowledge to share with us well Sparky. Love that.

As a side note you instal tile better than most of the people online...

Just an EGO-Hummer for you this morning. LOL
  5. Vegas_sparky

Vegas_sparky Eat kitty

The hummer was great. I'll give you your dollar back for another one. That's a real bargain
    LOL
  6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You need to see what load the pump presents, then you have a chance of identifying a suitable alternative timer switch. If you're lucky, either the switch or the motor or maybe a data plate somewhere will indicate what the load is.
  7. johnfrwhipple

Now I feel much better.

Jim has weighed in on the discussion. It's not done. Till the "Big Red Shoe" says it's done..... From how to go pooh in Turkey to fixing a a Jazzuizi Timer The Big Red Shoe Knows all. I wonder where he cut and pasted that tidbit from? Do they teach this stuff at the Schluter workshops? I must have been going pee when the pump load discussion took place.
  8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You show pictures of every EXCEPT where the timer is located. If it is on a wall box, then companies, such as Grainger, have many "twist to set" timers which could replace it, depending on how it is wired into the circuit.
  9. Vegas_sparky

Vegas_sparky Eat kitty

Should be at least 5' from the tub, on a wall. Those twist to turn timers look ugly AFAIC. Something like this is much more contemporary, but can not be used alone, as it probably won't last with a tub motor load.

http://www.lightology.com/index.php...nt=ma-t51-wh&gclid=CK3_vLKcurwCFYhbfgodrxYAtQ

If you really wanted to get crazy, we could go Bluetooth or WiFi control, with water temp monitoring, and flow control from your smartphone.
  10. johnfrwhipple

Oh Man. Jim does not have the last word men... Stop it. lol

WiFi Jazzuzi timer? Seriously..... I wonder if someone could hack into that and turn the bubbles? Now that would freak you out having a nice soak!!!
  11. DonL

If it has a IP address it can be hacked.

I am still waiting for you to get your new T-Stat installed so we can test that theory.

Many of the newer timers have a Buzzer built in, to wake your ass up, in case you fall asleep.

It keeps you from coming out looking like a raisin, or drowning.

Have Fun.
  12. jadnashua

And, this helps the OP how?
  13. jadnashua

For a switch to last, it has to be rated for the load it is intended to control...so, you must do some research on how big the pump is. Without that information, you will not be able to match up a suitable switch.

The data plate on the motor may say something like 5.0A, or 1HP (or maybe both). Turning on motors is different than turning on a light, so the type of load must be known and how big, otherwise, all you'd need to worry about would be the wattage.
  14. DonL

He must not like Converse.

I think they are cool.

To bad most are not made in the USA now a days.
  15. Smooky

Smooky Member

16. DonL

It is not hard to find a replacement, their site has it.

But the OP wanted one that had a longer on Time, Any mod is not good, for safety reasons.

The OP never came back to see all of this BS, and never will.

Have fun.
  17. johnfrwhipple

Don your forgot to pee on this discussion. Your dropping your standards.

Does not matter if the original poster comes back. What about the hundreds and thousands of viewers going forward? They will be helped.

Your post got me to thinking - maybe 20 minutes is the longest you are supposed to jet away???
  18. charlie.f308

charlie.f308 New Member

We have a jacuzzi timer from a different brand, but I think they match up with any kind of pool or hot tub. Anyways, doesn't have a time limit! We love it! Even gives us remote access. they are calling it an equipment timer, its made by nanospark. hope this helps! good luck!