Water in pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

wallzzzy

Reaction score
New guy here. Remodeling shower, and I have the main water supply off, and no water coming out of any fixtures. I cut my old diverter out and am going all new the rest of the way up. Problem is, I can't sweat a new fitting on the cold water pipe, due to water in the pipe. I tried sucking the water out but it keeps filling up. I used some plastic tubing to start a siphon, but it has been slowly draining for over an hour now. I'd love to turn my main back on before I go to bed. Any ideas, I realize it's kind of late but thought I'd give it a shot...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When draining down a system, you need to open everything up.
Open the showers and tubs, turn on the lavs and sinks, and flush toilets. It's the only way to drain it all down.

wallzzzy

Reaction score
I've got almost all fixtures open. The tube is pretty small so it's draining slow. Tempted to try the bread trick...
I'll try the toilets as well.
Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks