water heater setup for my home???

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by LivDoug, Jan 23, 2006.

1. LivDoug

LivDoug New Member

I am currently having my master bathroom remodeled, and I have a 6ft whirlpool tub and a new spa shower with multiple shower heads and body jets.

Now what I am wondering is...I currently have a 40 gallon water heater that is only a few years old, and my plumber is recommending that I install a new 50 gallon tank to just the new tub, and leave the 40gal for the rest of the house....would that make sence? or would it be better to plumb them in series? It just seems like the extra capacity of running them in series would make more sence...but I am not a plumber...so please help me figure this out....thank you
  2. put them in series

just put them in series or install a 75 gallon

either will work better than doing the half assed

thing your plumber has suggested.