Water heater replaced, now super low pressure on kitchen faucet. Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

KarenS

Reaction score

Our 15-year-old 50 gallon gas water heater was recently replaced because of leaking. Now there is barely any pressure from the kitchen faucet. We called the the water heater replacement company (water heaters are all they do) to come back because of this problem and because the faucets with recirculating hot water took forever to get hot. He said the recirculating hot water was turned off and he turned it back on. He cleaned the faucet filter; no change in pressure.

As for the kitchen faucet pressure problem, he said that nothing he did in the heater replacement would affect the pressure. My question is: is this true? Directly after he left, the kitchen faucet pressure changed to a trickle and it takes forever to get hot.(The kitchen faucet is not connected to recirculating heater--it takes longer to get hot normally, but now we can run (or trickle) the faucet for four minutes ans it still isn't hot.)

Since I don't know which factors are significant, I'll throw them all in:
1) we live at the top of a steep hill. Water pressure is never great, but it's ok.
2) the bottom story contains the bedrooms and the water heater.
3) top story has the kitchen. The kitchen pressure has always been lower, but still ok.
4) We have recirculating heater that goes to the downstairs faucets, but not the upstairs kitchen.

Sure hope you guys can guide me on this.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's likely the screen in the kitchen faucet is clogged. Often when plumbing is disturbed, debris will get into the pipe and clog the faucet screen. It would be a good idea to check the screens in the bathroom(s) while you're at it. Actually, your problem is not lack of pressure, but lack of flow. Nit picking the terms perhaps, but there is a difference.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You're welcome. Sure glad I could help! Guess you didn't have much of a problem after all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks