Water Hammer with Well Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

jackr

Reaction score
Hi - I have a water hammer issue when my submersible pump shuts off. I'm hoping I can solve it by putting something in a garden hose faucet I have installed between the pump & the controller. (I did this a while back to get water from my cistern with a garden hose when the well went dry with a pump in the cistern). My pump is 1/2 hp deep well 50 ft from the house with the Pumptrol shutoff set at 55lbs Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jack

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I suggest that you post to the pumps and well https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?forums/pumps-and-tanks-well-forum-blog-water-is-life.4/ forum.

I suggest a picture of what comes out of the well casing. It is not clear if you have a submersible pump underground feeding a cistern, and you have another pump pumping water from the cistern.

I am suspecting the answer will be to remove an above-ground check valve from the submersible pump in the well, but I am not sure I have a picture of what your system is.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Water hammer when the pump shuts off is usually a sticking check valve. But you should also check the air pressure in the tank. And what kind of controller are you attaching to a faucet?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks