water flow reducer

Users who are viewing this thread

lati_cz

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am building home with several baths. Client choose hansgrohe for all baths and kitchen. California has 2Gal./minute max. flow requirement for showers. Not all products my clients like are within CA requirements. Is there such a think as water flow reducer? I think about small round filter which is usually in faucet aerators, at the end of shower heads etc. which would reduce water flow?
My clients understand it's permanent solution.
Thank you Michal

Reaction score
My clients understand it's permanent solution.
You're not going to want a single "flow reducer" with the water supply or water tank. That will make things really suck lot if someone decides to take a shower and someone washing hands in the kitchen, both at the same time.

You can use the ones quarterball mentioned, but they are certainly not permanent. If you can put them in, you can take them out. I am not sure how well or poor your restricted "hansgrohe" will perform.

I certainly understand you must build to legal requirements, but at least your clients have the option to remove them later.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Like HJ said, nearly all showerheads have flow restrictors built in. I know because I always remove them. Some manufacturers are making it extremely difficult to remove the restrictor. The holes in the showerhead should BE the reducer. If there are too many holes or the holes are too large a flow restrictor would be needed to keep the flow below 2 GPM, but the shower pressure would seem terribly low. You get the best shower pressure when the holes in the shower head are the flow limiting factor instead of a restrictor prior to the showerhead.

Reaction score
The holes in the showerhead should BE the reducer.
Agreed.

I feel the Moen rainshowers are designed like this, the force coming out of the rubber nozzles appear to be very optimized, both visual appearance of the water coming out, and the feel of the water hitting skin and hair. The great thing about ceiling rainshowers (a properly installed one where the supply is from the ceiling), is that you have gravity working for you. Ceiling rainshowers are so enjoyable that you often want to stay in the shower longer, a restricted designed one will help to avoid depleting the water heater.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks